Monday, December 30, 2013

Super Bowl Ham Sammie's


My tv is currently possessed by football. College bowl games, NFL, etc. So I have plenty of time to waste on Pinterest. This recipe is all over the place so I finally decided to try it. Ham, cheese, Hawaiian rolls - what's not to like?!? Holy crap these are SO good!!  It's super easy and I'm making them again soon.  It calls for poppy seeds but I'm leaving those out. I dont think they add anything and I'm totally paranoid that I'll go through an entire evening with one stuck in my teeth!

Here's what you need:

12 Hawaiian rolls, cut in half
12 slices thinly sliced deli ham
12 slices provolone or cheddar cheese (IMO Tillamook is the best!) - cut in half
4 T butter
1 T brown sugar
1 1/2 t Dijon mustard
1 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce

Heat the oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil. Put the sandwiches together, 1 slice of ham, 1/2 slice cheese. 

In a microwave safe bowl, combine the other ingredients and microwave until the butter is just melted. Give it a good stir and drizzle over the top of the sandwiches. Bake for about 10 minutes or until everything is melted and the butter has caramelized. 

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment