Friday, July 26, 2013

Brazilian Lemonade

 
Better than a margarita - mostly because Tequila and I aren't really friends!!  It goes back a long, long way.  Vodka is my bestie! I had one (ok, maybe 5) at a Brazilian steakhouses and was then on a mission to make it at home - mostly because we don't have anything Brazilian where I live besides waxing and it's way cheaper to make myself! 
 
Anyway - in a blender throw in 1-1 1/2 parts citrus vodka, 2 parts limeade (don't ask why it's called a Brazilian Lemonade - I have no clue and I don't really care!), squeeze in a tablespoon or so of sweetened condensed milk.  In the pic above it's the La Lechera in a squeeze bottle, you can get it in the Mexican food aisle at the grocery store, or just get the can in the baking aisle.  Add ice and blend.
 
It's SO yummy, kinda like an Orange Julius for grown ups!!  And if you want to change it up, add Coco Lopez instead of the sweetened condensed milk!  DELICIOUS and really, really great for summer - or whenever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment