Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My Processed Food is Better Than Yours!

Let me start off by saying that I truly have amazing in-laws!  They are really great people and I love them dearly.  My mother-in-law (we'll call her MILlie) and I have hit a bit of a rough patch lately because at Christmas she was convinced I was trying to physically hurt her as I drove through the mall parking lot - serious over-reaction to my holiday driving skillz and I apologized profusely, but she is still slightly twisted about it.  Anyway, a few weeks ago we were back visiting them and after dinner one night she comes out of the kitchen with a box of Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (Deluxe even, not  the crap with the powdered NASA cheese) and asks me "Do you still make all that processed food?  Because if you do, you can just have this.  I don't use it anymore, I make it from scratch."  After the mental stun gun blast wore off, I said, "oh sure, I'll take it!" But on the inside, I was like, really?  wtf millie?!? and spent about 10 minutes texting my husband (sitting 2 feet away) venting about what just happened.  Just when I think the weird "Apparently we are in a competition that I didn't know I entered" phase was over - BAM!! She slaps me upside the head it!  So, now it's in my pantry and I'll be sure to make it as a side dish for dinner next time they come to visit!  And the best part of all?  I'm pretty sure she is making her "homemade" "from scratch" mac & cheese using one of the 4 bricks of VELVEETA she has in her pantry - uh, yeah!  That's all for now - the oven just went off, pizza rolls are ready!!

No comments:

Post a Comment